Lethargy

Saturday 30 April 2011

| | |
I've had a bad day.

I slept in, felt lethargic and tired all day, and virtually achieved nothing of any significance (apart from watching doctor who).

You know the feeling?

Sometimes I get so frustrated at myself and the world, myself because I'm so weak, I can't motivate myself to study for the exams I have in a week's time, and sometimes I just feel like a bit of a failure.  The world, because, well, it just doesn't seem to be helping.  There's always something else to do, something to watch, another blog to look at, facebook to look at, a whirlwind of entertainment and pointless rubbish to stuff my mind with while I procrastinate yet more.  It's the old affliction 'Exam-time-cannot-be-bothered-itis', and it well and truly has me in its grasp.

But you know what?

I will not be defeated!

As I was flicking through my bible today (jings, was it that long since I last opened it...?)  I was reminded of a verse that has encouraged me before:  "I am he, I am he who will sustain you..."  (Is.46:4)

Thank God there's Somebody who's succeeded where I've failed.  "For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2Cor.12:9,10)  Otherwise I don't know what I would do.

So tomorrow will be a new start.  Goodbye Lethargy, my old friend.

1 drops in the ocean:

Unknown said...

Good for you! Sometimes, the lack of motivation really depresses me...I feel like I fall into a zone of nothingness. But if you can find the best way to trigger your motivation, that will be your tool to success

Post a Comment