Strange noises

Wednesday 8 June 2011

| | |
In the corner of my bedroom is a Noise.
An incessant ticking.

I hear it, in the corner.
Ticktickticktickticktickticktick...
The noise won't stop.
Tick tick tock.
I wish it would.
It is driving me up the wall.

I move.
It stops.

I stop.
It starts again.

I'm told it's expansion.
(it's not the clock)
But if it is
then why does it stop
when I tap on the wall?
It seems to be coming from there...

I wonder what it is...
(or am I going crazy?)


Note to Readers:  I have added an email address to my profile so that you can contact me if you wish.  Also, if anyone has a clue as to what the mysterious ticking in my wall might be, I would be interested!

5 drops in the ocean:

Tsid said...

It could be a mouse. They "tap" sometimes.

RJ said...

Actually, I'm fairly sure it is this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_watch_beetle

It's farly consistent, like a clock, only about twice the speed...

RJ

Tsid said...

Mmm, even better - beetles.

Laena said...

That's super creepy!!! I'm not a fan of strange noises in the walls... or anywhere for that matter.

RJ said...

I know!! I hope it isn't what I think it is...

Post a Comment