Don't worry, everything's under control...

Tuesday 5 July 2011

| | |
Hello to all my lovely followers.

You may (or may not) have noticed that there has been rather an absence of posts recently.  For this I apologise, it is partly due to  a) A general lack of inspiration, b) commitments outside of cyberspace, and c) me trying to get myself organised for ten days on a tall ship, starting next Monday, followed by a trip to Latvia, both of which have needed quite a lot of preparation and planning!

If you are interested, the ship I am joining is this one , and so I am very excited about that!  I hope to come back having climbed a few masts, made lots of friends, been lots of exciting places, and (here's hoping) with a nice tan to show for it!

The Latvia trip is in aid of improving facilities for young people at a church in Platone, just south of Riga.  More specifically we will be helping out with furnishing, wiring, floors, ceilings etc.  What we can't do ourselves we will pay the local tradesmen to do.  We will also be helping out at a youth camp organised by the local church, many of the children having come from difficult domestic situations.

To that end, we are still looking to raise some money for the trip, to go towards the projects we will be undertaking.  So if you feel you would like to help out, here's the link!  If you would like to pray for us, then please do.  If you want more info, feel free to drop me an email!

Also, if you fancy teaching me some Latvian phrases, that would be useful too!

So long and till next time!

RJ  :)

1 drops in the ocean:

Thomas said...

Wow... This blogs profile is very attractive.

Local Tradesmen

Post a Comment